Tenants at the MACC
Seniors' Resource Centre (SRC)
Metchosin Seniors Association (MSA) operating as SRC – Seniors' Resource Centre.
SRC is a Better at Home agency, run by a team of volunteers, dedicated to helping senior's and their families with support, connections and services to ensure that individuals can remain independent at home, for as long as possible. Better at Home is funded by the Government of BC and managed by the United Way.
Monday to Thursday, noon to 4:00 p.m. Closed Friday to Sunday. See SRC on Facebook for special events.
SRC's Support and Services:
- Driving volunteers will pick-up and deliver local seniors to medical appointments, grocery shopping, errands, and outings in the community.
- Companionship team members spend time with seniors either on the phone, or in person -perhaps hosting our weekly tea, providing friendly check-ins, or joining seniors on "drive & dine" meals or outings.
- Geeks provide technology support to seniors who want to tackle challenges with devices and learn how to use computers to become better connected.
Programs and Events take place throughout the year and we can always use a few more helping hands at SRC with day-to-day operations, projects, website and office administration.
SRC welcomes volunteers of all ages throughout the year! Bring your talents and spend some time helping us to help others.
- Wi-fi, printer, phone, fax
- Coffee, tea, books, smiles, hugs, games, comfy couches, nice people
- Computer learning lab, tech-talks
- Special events and programs
- Equipment loans
- Meeting space for small groups
- Caregiver support and referrals
- Monday 2 to 4 PM Inter-Gen Connects — Seniors and Students
- Wednesday 1 to 3 PM Tea Time Coffee n' Chat
- Thursday 2 to 4 PM Open Tech Lab — Geeks and Geezers Learning Lab
*Please call 250-478-5150 to book your Geek session.
Drive & Dine — All are welcome! For anyone who wants to get out more often to socialize, dine and meet new friends and local folks, we drive and dine to Metchosin Community House potluck lunches on the final Thursday of each month, and to Gordon United Church Community Suppers, held on Monday evening once each month. Please call to RSVP. There is no cost to attend.