The Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. at the art centre.
The Metchosin Arts & Cultural Centre Association is responsible for operating the Metchosin Arts & Cultural Centre, which provides space for active artists, crafts persons and musicians in Metchosin who contribute to the cultural life of our community. The Board values members with arts/culture experience and orientation, as well as those with experience or skills in managing arts facilities, finance, and related administrative skills.
The current directors are interested in hearing from members of the community who are interested in being nominated for a position on the board and who feel they have experience and skills that would be beneficial to the association’s activities.
Why be a MACCA Board member?
- You are at a time in your life when you want to give something back to the community
- It would be an opportunity to develop your skills and experience, or use the skills you’ve developed
- You feel like would make a contribution to Metchosin’s art and cultural life
- You would like to get to know new people, and see a different side of Metchosin life
What’s expected of Board members:
- Know and support the mandate of MACCA, and represent MACCA within the community
- Be active in one or more areas of Board responsibility: managing finances, managing tenant relations, liaising with the District of Metchosin, managing the facility, organizing volunteer events and activities; supporting arts and culture through events and grants
- Prepare for and attend monthly meetings of the Board, the annual general meeting and special events as required
- Participate in setting policy, making decisions on MACCA’s activities and attending other meetings as required
- To have a cooperative and positive attitude, and a willingness to learn from others
- Willingness to volunteer for hands-on projects to improve the art centre and support events
How to join the Board:
- Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting each year. Terms are one year; most Board members choose to stay on for a number of years
- Board members must be members of the MACCA, fees are one-time for lifetime membership (individual, family or business/group).
We encourage you to consider whether being a Board member is a good fit for you or for someone you know. If you are interested, please consider completing the attached form below and submitting it either in person or by email sent to email@example.com.